How Risky is Your Project?
For each statement, choose the answer that most accurately reflects
the state of the project.
- Not very
Score one point for accurate, 2 points for somewhat, 3 for not very and 4 if the statement is inaccurate for your project
- The technology is stable and has been applied to my industry for a significant amount of time.
- The project is being developed by a seasoned team with little interaction with other entities.
- The project is not important to management and the company, it is Ok to fail.
- The critical and high risk activities have been identified and there exists contingency plans.
- All resources necessary will be available when necessary and there are no outside influences.
- Project activities can be implemented in any order without impacting quality or performance.
- The project incorporates widely accepted best practices associated with this type of project.
- The industry is stable and generally there are no surprises or disruptions.
- The team and company have done this project many time previously.
- The key project vendors have consistently demonstrated reliability and innovation
For each statement, score the answer by: Points:
How risky is your project?
10-17: Near certainty, you are using Great Budget cost / risk management or the project has minimal challenges.
18-25: Foreseen uncertainty, use Great Budget cost / risk management to evaluate alternate scenarios.
26-32: High uncertainty, Great Budget cost / risk management is indispensable for reducing cost and risk.
33-40: Approaching chaos, try Great Budget cost / risk management and see how the score can be lowered.
For each statement, score the answer by: